Getting the most out of support – a fantastic new initiative
Disability Macarthur Family Support and Care
are offering a new ADHC funded (so free to you) programme…
You will actually be getting your own personal coach !!!!
We know successful people have their own personal coach – look at sport, and business. So this is your chance to get access to your own coach through Disability Macarthur’s MAX-FAMILY program.
Next Session Starting June 2015
Who – Families who have a child with a disability between the ages 0-12 years old.
10 Week Program
Group Session 1: Gain clearer understanding about funding and planning for the NDIS changes
Group Session 2: Sharing progress, understanding how to add to your support network and making great decisions for your family
Group Session 3: Sharing and showcasing achievements then conclude with a Celebration Between Group Session 1 and Group Session 2 you will work on your goals with your coach with 1 x 1hr home visit and 1 x 1hr coaching session at Campbelltown RSL.
As a service provider, we at Disability Macarthur understand your concerns about the changes to funding and what this will mean for your family. Our new 10 week program offers you an opportunity to take control and be proactive in making choices regarding what you need within the framework of changing service delivery.
Participants in the 2014 program told us:
“I feel much more confident about having a written plan before the NDIS funding comes in”
“Working with my coach really helped me get focused on what was important, not just about creating a plan for my child with a disability, but to meet the needs of everyone in my family”
“This program has really helped me take the time to reflect on the needs of myself and my family and to set and achieve goals that are important to me”
“The coaching was great. It helped me understand what some of my ‘triggers’ are that stop me setting and achieving goals. I’m more confident and more positive about the future”
Having your own coach means –
- Help to take the ‘pain’ out of the new funding arrangements and ensuring quality service delivery for your child Help to create some ‘me time’ just working on goals that are important to you Help to set up your own goals as your child’s carer,
- Help to do help you think through your best options to achieve your goals,
- Help to learn in a safe environment with people who understand your situation
- Help to have some fun and enjoy living while achieving your goals,
- Help to build a way of ‘life long care’ for your child.