• Base + Super + leave loading + ‘three’ days per week plus one Saturday per fortnight
• Perm Role in an organisation which looks after our employees but also the community
• Head Office Minto but work locations are across Macarthur region
The ‘’ Macarthur Temporary Family Care Service’’ (MTFC) provides support and high quality care programmes for children and families. The organisation provides respite for children and adults with special needs arising out of physical and or intellectual disabilities.
Our programmes aim to achieve a high standard of care made possible by the nurturance and security of family life, our qualified staff as well as trained volunteers. Our service caters for families in the Camden, Campbelltown and Wollondilly local Government areas.
MTFC is looking for a highly motivated Activities Officer to join the Team.
This role works directly with families, clients and internal staff to run activities for the following programmes: School holidays, Kidz Biz and Kids Club. These programmes are designed to promote recreational and social and leisure activities for children with disabilities within our community.
Key areas of responsibility are but are not limited to:
• Overall management and running of programme activity for ‘school holidays’ , ‘kidz biz’ and ’kids club’ programmes
• Overall planning for each programme. Including: activity coordination, resourcing, location, care plan, transport, (WHS), communication and reporting.
• Active and positive liaison with families
• Responsibility for activity daily budget
• Continuous work on the promotion of MTFC and retention and growth of service user numbers.
• Supervise and support staff and volunteer assigned each activity
To be successful in obtaining this role the following essential criteria will be assessed:
1. Experience working with children with special needs in a programme running management capacity.
2. Previous working history in the disability sector.
3. Budgetary and staffing supervisor experience.
4. Relevant education in welfare or disability sector will be highly regarded.
5. Current NSW drivers license, own vehicle with comprehensive insurance and a willingness to obtain a LR license
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Proactive and willing to meet individuals and families needs beyond expectations.
8. Demonstrate an understanding of the funding of programs through (ADHC).
9. Team player who is willing to think outside the square and be part of the company greater vision and growth strategy.
10. The organisation plays a pivotal role in community engagement and requires staff to be actively involved in this. From time to time there are after hour functions and staff development days which are a requirement for staff to attend.
MTFC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Employment is subject to completing a successful working with children check as well as a national criminal history check.
How to Apply: Submit your CV and Cover Letter addressing the above criteria of the role. Attention to Human Resources Veronique Besnard firstname.lastname@example.org Please include two direct supervisor referees. Applications will close COB 12.08.13 www.mdtfc.org.au
Submit Your CV
[contact-form-7 id=”211″ title=”application_form_pv”]